Friday, May 15, 2015

Changing the Educational Paradigm

Do you agree with the changes in the educational paradigm that Ken Robinson suggests? Do you think it is possible to make changes to the current system of education in your country? What do you think you would be able to do as an individual teacher in any process of changing the current educational paradigm?  Write up your reflections in your blog.


I agree with the changes in educational paradigm which Ken Robinson has mentioned on the right side. However, In Turkey, I may not be possible because of some political problems. Every government after elections ,they go to the revolution on education without doing deep research on how it to be a model of educational system and most of them results with a fail. That's why before changes of current educational system , Turkey should choose right minister of education. So I think that it will take time to have a good educational system in my country. As a teacher candidate, if I would be a teacher, I would apply students the current educational system tools . And  also ,I would provide them from worldwide view educational method.Moreover, as a teacher ,I would improve my self in educational point of view as worldview and follow world news and improvement on education not just local education approach which  belong to own country.Lastly ,I would contribute to my students by taking worldview approach on education.

3 comments:

  1. I totaly agree with your ideas, Anıl. Even if you think there may not be any improvement in current education system, you can show the way to your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also support the idea that encouraging divergent thinking and creativity but there is really big problem to we consider about it as prospective teacher: current education system standardization. At one point, we have to follow the curriculum, so how we can encourage and reflect our own approaches in the classrooms without reforming public education system?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At some point, I think that its possible to change and add some advancement to current of your lessons by providing some useful materials students or by improving and fallowing new educational worldview. Because , as we see some instructor are good at teaching some of them is really bad even at university. I m sure that some of them is fallowing new approaches on education and some of them is not. For example, some instructor fallow MIT and other well known universities' professor to take their and look their teaching ways.How they are good at teaching .This is the one of the way to change our educational system. That's why teaching changes from teacher to teacher. Of course this is my opinion on this issue.

    ReplyDelete