Sunday, March 8, 2015

Teaching as a Profession: Collaboration with Colleagues

In your current academic career at METU NCC, what has been your experience in collaborating with your peers? Have you benefited in any ways similar to Ann and Jenerra? What are your current strengths and weaknesses in terms of collaboration?  What can you do to develop your collaborating skills? How will you transfer what you know about being a collaborator to your teaching career? Where will you begin?

Collaboration is part of our life since it is the one of the most remarkable boosting tools to reach the our purposes  or goals so that we can have successful end.I would like to start by giving a example form my department courses. For example, some of my courses contains project and preparing  document or report for our term project. So ,we have to study together and work by separating the whole subject to pieces and distribute them to the members of group.We were applying same process to team work in software company while I was working over there. There were some employees who have done same work in same or different developer department and they have connection about their project process to finish their project by collaborating another department.As a result of that, one of the benefits  is that by sharing their work experience and ideas, they have a chance to discuss their process in software development period like Jenerra's experience. In terms of collaboration, I am good at managing the period of any project  in order to apply the steps one by one while working in collaborative environment.However, my weakness is that I am always in hurry while working on it. This makes me excitement person.By knowing new people or students and by participating more and more team work or group project, we can improve our collaborative skills. In order to transfer our collaborative thoughts or experience during our academic career, we need to be aware of what and how we do on collaborative work and match them with our teacher career.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anıl, I totally agree with your ideas. Collaborative enviroment provide us improving our skills. We are able to managing our project step by step. Collaboration with colleagues supply us improving our communication skils and educational experience. This is pretty good actually. However, I read your weakness about that.Also I've some of them. My suggestion is you should not to be hurry while working with your peer. That is why collaboration requires patience. It's group work. Every person come up with their ideas.You have to listen your peers. Apart from that you explain well about collaboration with collaegues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anıl. I like your writing style and also I am agree with your ideas. Especially I like the part which,you collaborated other departments. It must have been very benefical for you. I want to collaborate with other departments eather. I read your weekness. I agree with Selime. I can only recommend you that be more patient and calm when you are collaborating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anıl, I agree with your idea about collaboration is part of our life. Both in our social life and academic life we always communite and work with our peers or friends. As you said, by sharing ideas and disscussing the topics have benefits to your collaboration skill. Managing the process is an important part of collaboration as well. But one of the most important thing in the process of management is how much you work with your peers and collaborate with them. If you are able to do that, management is really important for your work. I think you do not have to dwell upon your weakness. Because the more you work with people the less you get excited after a while. Good luck in your working area :)

    ReplyDelete